By accessing this website, you agree to the following Terms & Conditions. These are subject to change, so please review them regularly.
General information only
Please be aware that this website provides you with general information only and does not take account of your individual investment objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on the information provided, consider its appropriateness to your circumstances. You should read and understand our financial services guide (FSG), Managed Funds product disclosure statements (PDS) and Super product disclosure statement (PDS) before making an investment decision.
You should also consider seeking independent advice from an accredited financial adviser before deciding whether to acquire, or continue to hold, units in the Australian Ethical Managed Funds (the ‘Managed Funds’) or interests in the Australian Ethical Retail Superannuation Fund (the ‘Super Fund’).
Australian Ethical does not expressly or impliedly warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this website. We accept no liability for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising from decisions taken on the basis of the information shown on or omitted from this website.
Links to third party content
Any links to third party web sites are provided for your convenience and information only. Australian Ethical is not responsible for the content on linked web sites. We reserve the right to terminate a link to a third party web site at any time. If we provide a link to a third party web site, this does not mean that we endorse, authorise or sponsor the web site, nor that we are affiliated with the third party web site's owners or sponsors.
We may use certain types of information technology (eg. IP addresses and cookies) to improve our service to you. You can set your web browser to delete or block cookies at any time.
The information on this web site has been prepared with Australian residents in mind. The information on our website is not an offer or recommendation to you to buy or sell securities or other investment products, nor a solicitation for deposits or other business whether directly or indirectly, in any state, foreign country or any other jurisdiction (other than Australia) where such offering or solicitation may not lawfully be made.
Applications for interests in the Super Fund are only available to persons receiving (including electronically) the Product Disclosure Statement and other important information within Australia.
Applications for units in the Managed Funds are only available to persons residing and receiving (including electronically) the Product Disclosure Statement and other important information within Australia or New Zealand. Applications must be made in Australian Dollars. If you are a New Zealand investor you must also obtain a copy of the Important Information for New Zealand Investors.
Proprietary Rights and Restricted Use
© Copyright in these web pages and the Australian Ethical trademarks and logos are owned by Australian Ethical Investment Ltd. You may print a copy of the information contained herein for your personal use but you may not use, reproduce or distribute the text, graphics or logos or embed a link to this web site without Australian Ethical’s prior written permission.
Use of Photographs/Images
Unless otherwise indicated, the photographs and drawings of assets are not real assets connected to the Managed Funds or the Super Fund. Photographs and drawings of public buildings, transport, or panoramic views do not depict managed funds or super fund assets. Where used, photographs of the assets of the managed funds or super fund are the most recent available.
Issuer and registration details
Units in the managed funds are issued by Australian Ethical Investment Ltd (ABN 47 003 188 930, Australian Financial Services Licence No. 229949)
- Balanced Fund (ARSN 089 919 255, APIR Code: AUG0001AU)
- Australian Shares Fund (ARSN 089 919 175, APIR Code: AUG0002AU)
- Diversified Shares Fund (ARSN 089 919 166, APIR Code: AUG0004AU)
- International Shares Fund (ARSN 124 861 338, APIR Code: AUG0006AU)
- High Growth Fund (ARSN 140 444 211, APIR AUG0008AU)
- Income Fund (ARSN 089 919 120, APIR Code: AUG0003AU)
- Fixed Interest Fund (ARSN 166 048 184, APIR Code: AUG0021AU)
- Emerging Companies Fund (ARSN 606 254 157, APIR Code: AUG0026AU)
- Australian Shares Fund – Class B (ARSN 089 919 175, APIR Code: AUG0018AU)
- Diversified Shares Fund – Class B (ARSN 089 919 166, APIR Code: AUG0019AU)
- High Growth Fund – Class B (ARSN 140 444 211, APIR AUG0020AU)
- Fixed Interest Fund – Class B (ARSN 166 048 184, APIR Code: AUG0023AU)
- International Shares Fund – Class B (ARSN 124 861 338, APIR Code: AUG0025AU)
- Income Fund- Class B (ARSN 089 919 120, APIR Code: AUG0024AU)
- Emerging Companies Fund- Class B (ARSN 606 254 157, APIR Code: AUG0027AU)
- High Conviction Fund (ARSN 653 076 236, APIR Code: AUG 7919AU)
Interests in the Super Fund are offered by Australian Ethical Investment Ltd by arrangement with its subsidiary and Trustee of the Fund, Australian Ethical Superannuation Pty Ltd (ABN 43 079 259 733, Registrable Superannuation Entity Licence No. L0001441). Australian Ethical Investment Ltd is licensed to deal, to offer interests in the Fund and to give advice about the Fund.
- Superannuation Fund Number (SFN): 4794/449/82
- ABN of the Fund: 49 633 667 743
- Unique Superannuation Identifier (USI): AET0100AU. Note: for former Christian Super members, the USI is: CHR0001AU.
- Fund registration number: R1004731
- MySuper authorisation number: 49633667743656
- Group insurance for the Fund is provided by MetLife Insurance Ltd ABN 75 004 274 882, AFSL 238096
- The Super Fund Administrators are Mercer Outsourcing (Australia) Pty Ltd ABN 83 068 908 912, AFSL 411980 and Australian Administration Services Pty Ltd ABN 62 003 429 114
Legal effect of documentation
The Managed Funds are governed by a Trust Constitution which is binding on Australian Ethical Investment Ltd and unitholders. A copy is available on request or can be found here. Nothing on this website changes the terms of the Trust Constitution.
The Super Fund is governed by a Trust Deed which is binding on the Trustee, employer sponsors and members of the Fund. A copy of the Trust Deed is available upon request or can be found here. Nothing on this website changes the terms of the Trust Deed.
About returns performance
Return of capital and the performance of your investment in the Fund and the managed funds are not guaranteed.
Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.
Figures showing a period of less than one year have not been adjusted to show an annual total return. Figures for periods of greater than one year are on a per annum compound basis.
Calculating returns for superannuation
- Net investment returns are calculated using exit prices.
- Net investment returns have been calculated using prescribed standard methods and assumptions, and take in to account administration and investment fees, taxes and other costs.
- The standard calculations are based on a member with an account balance of $50,000, which will not be relevant to all members.
- The standard calculations do not allow, for example, for the effect of contributions to your account, insurance fees or various other matters.
- Performance figures relating to unit prices between 1 July 2011 and 31 December 2016 have been restated following the remediation of a unit pricing error.
Calculating returns for managed funds
Total returns are calculated:
- using the sell (exit) price
- net of administration and investment management fees
- gross of tax
- as if distributions of income have been reinvested at the actual distribution reinvestment price.
- Buy-sell spread
The buy-sell spread is an adjustment to the unit price to create a difference between the entry and exit price for each managed fund and each superannuation investment option. It is designed to cover the transaction costs when you buy or sell units so that these costs are not passed onto other investors. The buy-sell spread is built into the unit price and therefore does not appear on investor statements. The buy-sell spread is not paid to the manager of the managed funds or super fund. The buy-sell spread for our products are reviewed from time to time and may change. If the buy-sell spread is changed, it will be updated on this website.
Each investment option within the Fund is unitised. Valuation normally occurs daily and this price is used when contributions or withdrawals are made to determine the number of interest to be issued or redeemed. When processing contributions or withdrawals, the price used will be the next price calculated after the contribution or withdrawal request was received.
The close of business price will be used for investment applications or redemption (withdrawal) requests received before or at 3:00pm Sydney time on a business day. Applications or redemptions received after 3:00pm or on a non-business day are processed using the close of business price for the next business day.
Applications and withdrawals received via a platform or mFund may have a different processing cut-off time applied. You should contact your financial adviser or broker to determine if a different cut-off time may apply for applications or withdrawals.
Date of portfolios
The full portfolio listings are intentionally dated in order to protect Australian Ethical’s intellectual property.