Terms of Funding & Privacy Collection Notice (Community Grants)
Australian Ethical offers Community Grants to not-for-profit social enterprises and organisations, and registered charities based in Australia. New and emerging or small not-for-profit groups are eligible to apply as long as they have an ABN, a constitution or memorandum and articles of association (or other similar document which confirms your organisation’s not for profit status), and an Australian bank account.
Terms of Funding
- The decision of the relevant committee is final and is not subject to any appeal process.
- Grants to organisations will be given and should be used for the purpose stated in the application.
- Funded organisations are required to provide a follow-up report by the date advised in post-funding correspondence.
- The funding provided to organisations as grants is considered by Australian Ethical to be freely given and would not ordinarily constitute consideration for taxable supply by the recipient.
- By submitting the application form you consent to Australian Ethical sharing the details of your application through our public marketing channels.
- By submitting the application form you declare that you have read our Privacy Collection Notice (below), and consent to Australian Ethical collecting, storing and using information for the purpose of evaluating your Community Grants application and for marketing purposes.
- In the event that you are chosen as one of the grant winners and the notification email we send you is returned as undeliverable (and you have not provided us with any further contact details), or we do not receive a response within 14 days of the date of notification, the grant will be deemed unclaimed and will be re-granted.
- You confirm that you have the rights to any image(s) that you submit along with your application and (i) grant Australian Ethical a non-exclusive licence to use the image for the purposes of marketing the Community Grants program in any media of our choosing; and (ii) will indemnify and hold Australian Ethical harmless with respect to any claims by a third party for breach of any intellectual property rights with respect to such image(s).
Privacy Collection Notice
What types of information do we collect and why?
Australian Ethical collects personal information from you when you submit an application for a community grant – this may include your name and contact details, including your email address and postal address. We may collect additional personal information from you by other means from time to time with your consent.
The primary purpose for collecting your information is to consider your organisation’s community grant application. It is not required for any regulatory purpose, but will allow us to communicate with you. We may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised by you, use the content of your application and your personal information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes and to send electronic messages or telephone you.
If you choose not to provide the personal information that we ask for, or the information that you provide to us is incomplete or inaccurate, it may mean that we cannot contact you to advise whether your application has been successful or whether further information is required.
Who do we disclose personal information to and why?
The organisations and people to whom we may disclose personal information to include our agents, contractors, service providers (and any of their sub-contractors) and suppliers for the purpose of conducting the grant application process. We may use service providers that are located in India or the USA.
Do you have any queries or complaints?
If you have any questions about the personal information that is being collected, or you wish to make a complaint, please contact our Privacy Officer on:
Updated April 2019