Terms and conditions
1. The promoter of the Promotion is Australian Ethical Investment Ltd of Level 8, 130 Pitt Street, NSW 2000 (“Australian Ethical” or “Promoter”).
2. The Australian Ethical Super Refer-a-friend Promotion (“Promotion”) starts on 11 October, 2016] and ends when the Promoter posts a notification online of the end of the Promotion (“Promotion Period”).
3. Information on how to enter the Refer-a-friend Promotion form part of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all referrals (“Referrals”) made to the Australian Ethical Retail Superannuation Fund (“Fund”) under the Australian Ethical Super Refer-a-friend Promotion to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions.
4. All people making referrals (“Referring Members”) will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by making Referrals. A person cannot make a referral to themselves.
5. The Promotion is only open to a resident of Australia aged 18 years or over and who is a current member of the Australian Ethical Retail Superannuation Fund (“Member”).
6. Employees (and their immediate families) of Australian Ethical and agencies associated with this promotion are eligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
7. Referring Members are not authorised to offer any advice on behalf of Australian Ethical in connection with any financial product.
8. Referring Members are not authorised to arrange any financial product or service, nor to commit Australian Ethical in any way. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall result in the Referring Member being construed as an agent of Australian Ethical.
10. If a Referred Party joins the Fund by completing an online application form within the Promotion Period through the link provided by the Referring Member, the Referring Member will be sent a Keep Cup Voucher valued at $23 (enough for an 8 Ounce KeepCup plus delivery within Australia)(“Voucher”). The Voucher will be sent by email within 4 weeks of the date that the Referred Party joined the Fund.
11. The Promoter has no affiliation with KeepCup For more information about KeepCup please see: https://au.keepcup.com/
12. In order to redeem a Voucher, a Referring Member must go to http://au.keepcup.com/ and : a. Select desired product b. Use code at checkout
13. If the Referring Member wishes to make a purchase greater than the original value of the Voucher, the Referring Member must pay the balance with his or her credit card.
14. The vouchers can only be used once and must be redeemed within Australia.
15. If a Referred party receives more than one Referral, the origin of the link that the Referred Party uses to join the Fund will determine the recipient of the Voucher.
16. The Voucher is not redeemable for cash or transferable.
17. If the Voucher is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute it with a reward to the equal value and/or specification.
18. The Voucher expires after 6 months from the date of issue
19. The Promoter may withdraw the Refer-a-friend Promotion or vary the Voucher amount or otherwise amend these terms and conditions at any time.
20. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Referrals (including a person’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify a person who submits a Referral that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the Referral process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
21. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
22. Any cost associated with accessing the Promoter’s website for the purpose of entering this Promotion is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used. The Promoter makes no guarantee of the availability of its web services and will not be held responsible for interruption of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in the Promotion.
23. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
24. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including but not limited to: a. any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); b. any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; c. any Voucher that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; KeepCupv1 d. any variation to the value of the Voucher to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; e. any tax liability incurred by the applicant; or f. taking and/or use of the Voucher.
25. This agreement is governed by the law in force in the state of New South Wales, Australia. Any dispute arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions or in connection with the Promoter which cannot be resolved by good faith negotiations between us shall be referred to mediation or to arbitration. However, the Promoter reserves, at our absolute discretion, the right to instigate legal proceedings prior to negotiation, arbitration or mediation against any individual, organisation or entity, who in our opinion has acted in breach of these Terms and Conditions.