Australians have over $3 Trillion invested in superannuation.
A significant proportion of this pool is invested in companies that are involved in coal mining, CSG, tobacco, old growth forest logging, exploitation of workers or other harmful activities.
We avoid investments that cause unnecessary harm to people, animals, society and the environment.
We seek out positive investments that support people, quality and sustainability.
Join over 12,000 Australians choosing to invest their super for a better future.
What is ethical investing?
When you think of ethical investing, you most-likely think of what gets excluded - what we call a negative screen. This is an important part of the story if you don’t want your money funding things like tobacco, uranium or coal mining, exploitation of people or old growth forest logging.
Also important, is the positive side. With Australian Ethical Super, your money can help build a new low-carbon economy, fund medical breakthroughs, technology breakthroughs, efficient transport and more.
We seek out positive investments that support: People Quality Sustainability
We avoid investments that cause unecessary harm to: People Animals Society Environment
Performance: Busting the myths
Two of the most common myths of ethical investing, are that you have to sacrifice returns and that it’s riskier. Neither of these myths are true.
* Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. Returns are to end of 2012, and are calculated gross of any administration and investment management fees, tax, and other costs, and as if distributions of income had been reinvested at the actual distribution reinvestment price.
‘Market Index’ is the S&P/ASX300 index.
‘Ethically Screened Index’ is a theoretical index of the stocks within the S&P/ASX300 that pass Australian Ethical’s positive and negative screens.
Check your super online
Through Australian Ethical Super secure online access, you can do all this and more:
- Keep track of your balance
- Change your investment options
- Access your past statements
- Review your insurance options
- Change your personal details